I don't even know why I was worried. Colin has been through worse before, but the butterflies were performing Muay Thai kicks in my tummy this morning before surgery. Colin, on the other hand was just chill. As they took him away for surgery, I was about breaking down. I don't know why since this was a relatively simple procedure, but I just was.
He came through just fine. I was expecting him to be howling in discomfort/orientation, but the kid was crashed out. We stayed afterward about 1.5 hours while the nursing staff monitored his vitals. He woke just as we were loading him into the car to go home. No crying. Nothing. Just a calm, waking baby.
Once we got home, he was seemingly back to his normal self: giggly, bouncy, smiling. Are you serious? "Didn't you just have surgery a few hours ago" is the question I posed. He wasn't having any of it, just wearing daddy's arms out from bouncy so much!
Thank you to everyone for their continued support and prayers and blog comments! We cherish everyone's comments - and so will Colin someday!
By the way, I've posted some pics of Colin just prior to surgery - at the very bottom of the blog posts.
Monday, September 15, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Look What I'm Holding!
Daddy's wedding band no longer slides up my arm. Now I can only fit 2 fingers inside!
Colin Voting
"Nadar For Change" - Vote Revealed!
Waiting to Vote is Fun!
Hanging out with Cousin
Colin and Cousin Janek with family
Colin testing his new stroller
I'm Cool Like Mike - the "real" Uncle
Ready For Some Football!
Go Panthers!!!
Eating His Stuffed Upper GI Toy
This is Some Good Esophagus!
Sweet Potatoes Rule!
Cousin Karolina
Friends Kate, Alex and Marta
Dr. Saunders (Colin's eye doc)
Dr. Melton - Mommy/Daddy Colleague
Colin's Audiology Appointment
If I Tug Really Hard...
Isabella, Colin & Royaa
Royaa with Mom & Dad
It tastes better on the elbow!
Isabella and the No-Look Grab :-)
Barium Lips - Yummy!
Nurse Chris
Dr. Rama
Dr. Greenberg
Tongue Sticker-Outer
Medical Staff at Hemby
Nurse Ania - and Mommy Ania
Nurse Deb holds the Elvis Impersonator
Colin and his Australian Wombat
Aunt Ania's Gift to Colin

7 comments:
GREAT NEWS!! GREAT NEWS!!!!!! GREAT NEWS!!!!!!!
Thanks for the wonderful update! Enjoy your night! =)
Love,
M&M&B
Way to go Colin!
We were thinking about you all day -- you are such a trooper! Speedy recovery kiddo!!
Love,
Scott, Michelle, and Emily McGuire
(your Wichita cheering squad!)
Colin, Thankful your surgery went well and your recovery was so speedy! You and your parents are amazing! With much love and prayers, Amber, Scott and Ella
God is truly mysterious my friends, God tests our faith every day and frankly it feels often that he overestimates our ability to believe in Him - Ultimate Goodness and Love, especially in times of unrest. God must have a huge imagination in creating us, we’re only humans after all, and He lets us live ‘on credit’ - on borrowing Heavenly love knowing that ‘payback' time might never happen. In other words, when He offers a lot He does not ask for a lot in return. When he offered us a one pound baby boy named Colin Robert Hamp He only asked for all of us to recognize its Glory, for all of us to inhale every lively moment and remember that all we are breathing in comes from one Source. That is the only lesson that matters... This is only one Truth that is worthy of seeking. This is the only one possibility in life’s labyrinth and for that matter only one path to take...
Let me tell you my friends, I visited Mr. Colin at his Grandma’s house today (the day after surgery) and God was there next to him, in him, in his eyes, in his smile, in his absolutely delightful persona... I lack words to describe more what I felt, but it was the Prince of Peace incarnated in Colin’s little body. Colin is all you could ask in a child: content, smiling, welcoming, curious, patient, observant, begging for kisses and full of love. Colin is all you could imagine a little fellow to be - listening with calmness to the sound of music, friendly voices, and the rain gently stroking the outside window.
I tasted a piece of heaven today and I am grateful for God to let me in, where love only begets love and one heart begets other heartbeats.
God Bless you all,
Aldona
Megan,
Thank you for your kind words - truly appreciated.
I feel like I already know you as I hear your
voice in your numerous postings.
God bless you,
Aldona
hey glad to hear all is well, we think about you all the time.
love,
Mike and Kelly
ps, as cute as collin looks in his little jersey we still have to cheer for the vikings on sunday.
love ya
Post a Comment