I thought I'd do a happy update tonight. My nerves are starting to get to me, so I wanted to focus on other things!
Colin has been a busy man since my last entry! He was the star when mom and dad went and spoke at a support group for parents that have children in the ICN. Colin provided hope to those parents who still have children at the hospital. We simply went there and shared our story. It wasn't long ago, we were in the audience at those support group meetings. It was nice to be on the other end, showing that their babies can be like Colin too! During the visit, we stopped by the ICN and visited one of Colin's favorite doctors: Jay Kothadia.
Colin has also taken up piano lessons! Malgosia and Wojtek are making sure he learns to twiddle the keys. He gets into it too, with passionate performances as evidenced by one of the photos I've posted!
Colin is getting into books too! His favorite right now is a book baring his name: Cottonball Colin. It's a cute story about a small mouse named Colin who's mom protects him by wrapping him in cotton while he goes out in the world. In the end, Colin loses his cotton and he ends up being just fine, just like I hope our Colin does tomorrow for his Mic-key button surgery.
Lastly, our big guy has tipped 13 pounds officially now! We're so proud of him. No cotton for this Colin!
Sunday, September 14, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Look What I'm Holding!
Daddy's wedding band no longer slides up my arm. Now I can only fit 2 fingers inside!
Colin Voting
"Nadar For Change" - Vote Revealed!
Waiting to Vote is Fun!
Hanging out with Cousin
Colin and Cousin Janek with family
Colin testing his new stroller
I'm Cool Like Mike - the "real" Uncle
Ready For Some Football!
Go Panthers!!!
Eating His Stuffed Upper GI Toy
This is Some Good Esophagus!
Sweet Potatoes Rule!
Cousin Karolina
Friends Kate, Alex and Marta
Dr. Saunders (Colin's eye doc)
Dr. Melton - Mommy/Daddy Colleague
Colin's Audiology Appointment
If I Tug Really Hard...
Isabella, Colin & Royaa
Royaa with Mom & Dad
It tastes better on the elbow!
Isabella and the No-Look Grab :-)
Barium Lips - Yummy!
Nurse Chris
Dr. Rama
Dr. Greenberg
Tongue Sticker-Outer
Medical Staff at Hemby
Nurse Ania - and Mommy Ania
Nurse Deb holds the Elvis Impersonator
Colin and his Australian Wombat
Aunt Ania's Gift to Colin

4 comments:
LOVE the new pics! Wow, Colin is already showing has many talents and interests! We will be thinking of you tonight and tomorrow. With much love and prayers, Amber, Scott and Ella
Colin,
I was hangning out watching some football today with my Mommy and Daddy (what else is there to do...it's Sunday!!!) and we took a peak at your blog. We keep up pretty regularly even if we don't always post a comment. I just celebrated my third B-Day and I am a big talker now so I figured I'd write.
I'll be sure to say a prayer for you tomorrow to be strong just as you always have been. You are such an example to anyone who faces challenges in their lives. Your motto seems to be, "Bring 'em on". No wall too high and now task too tough. You rock the house (and I don't just mean the piano playin' either)!!! We hope to see you in a few weeks when my Mommy and Daddy and I visit Charlotte again. Love ya buddy! Stay tough!
Brian B.
I know I’m going to make a few people envious of me when I say that Mister Colin and I had a big date one on one over his cousins’ house. Boy oh boy, was I very proud to be singled out as his ‘running mate.’ Yes I was, even if it meant only the last few hours of the party. A few hours of glory, a few hours of total adoration, a few hours of unconditional love, a few hours of exclusive male attention, a few hours of absolute joy to be close to our Miracle and feeling his heart beat under the palms of my hand.
No offense to the participants of Karolinka’s B-day party, but Mister Colin’s time with me was what I most cherished and remembered... I cannot help it, it’s my destiny... I am doomed to love Mister Colin for life... Nothing and nobody is going to change that and frankly nobody as of today dares to tell me different...
My darling Colin remember when I am away it means that you are closer
than ever to my heart. Your parents mean a lot to me. Your mommy is the bravest, most unselfish and most determined mother that I know... Your daddy looks after her and you and those two jobs completely fill his daily life. I pray for your mom’s health because my dear Colin, she is all you got in the mom department and she needs you to get stronger every day so she can worry less
about you... and be the beautiful woman that she is in every sense, full of life, sharp and witty with carefree charm and that smile... the smile that I wish some day would only reveal happiness and joy.
Dear Lord send us wisdom to know what changes to make in our lives and what things in our lives to leave untouched. Please Our Beloved continue your quest to care for your children, small and big in your unique, heavenly and loving way and spend some extra time with those who need you the most. We beg you for strength and courage and faith, so my dear friends, Ania and Bobby do continue their mission of bringing their son to the desirable state of his well-being and for Colin to breeze through tomorrow’s surgery and again come out of it, as tigers usually do -- victorious!
In Jesus name we pray,
Amen
Just checking in to see if any updates were here yet about Colin's surgery...been thinking and praying for you all morning.
Aldona, your posts are so beautiful and always bring me chills and usually tears too... you have such a way with words and it is so evident how much you care about and love Colin, Ania, and Bobby. I don't think we have met before, but hope to meet you someday.
Colin, Ania, and Bobby, thinking of you all...
Lots of love,
Megan
Post a Comment