Well, Colin made it through his surgery just fine. The procedure went well, though last night was expectedly difficult. He would cry out in a combination of pain, hunger and recovery from the anesthesia. It was emotionally wrenching, but we knew there was no other way.
This morning, we introduced just a little pedialyte through his tube and he tolerated it well. We're now back to bottle feeding/balance of feed in tube. For his last feeding, Colin decided to take it all by bottle! Go figure. He's up and playing around a bit too, just not smiling yet. I wouldn't be either if I woke up with a tube sticking out of my belly! But I think he's definitely off to a good start with the healing process.
I'll keep everyone posted as I can, especially in the coming days. Thank you for all the blog comments, phone calls and emails (and prayers)!
Wednesday, July 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Look What I'm Holding!
Daddy's wedding band no longer slides up my arm. Now I can only fit 2 fingers inside!
Colin Voting
"Nadar For Change" - Vote Revealed!
Waiting to Vote is Fun!
Hanging out with Cousin
Colin and Cousin Janek with family
Colin testing his new stroller
I'm Cool Like Mike - the "real" Uncle
Ready For Some Football!
Go Panthers!!!
Eating His Stuffed Upper GI Toy
This is Some Good Esophagus!
Sweet Potatoes Rule!
Cousin Karolina
Friends Kate, Alex and Marta
Dr. Saunders (Colin's eye doc)
Dr. Melton - Mommy/Daddy Colleague
Colin's Audiology Appointment
If I Tug Really Hard...
Isabella, Colin & Royaa
Royaa with Mom & Dad
It tastes better on the elbow!
Isabella and the No-Look Grab :-)
Barium Lips - Yummy!
Nurse Chris
Dr. Rama
Dr. Greenberg
Tongue Sticker-Outer
Medical Staff at Hemby
Nurse Ania - and Mommy Ania
Nurse Deb holds the Elvis Impersonator
Colin and his Australian Wombat
Aunt Ania's Gift to Colin

5 comments:
It's great Colin seems to handle all inconveniences well. We keep our fingers crossed.
God bless him,
Wojtek and Maura
So good to read that Colin's surgery went well. We have been thinking of you all non-stop!!
Lots of love,
Megan, Matt, and Brian
hooray for a successful surgery AND a full bottle feeding! that little stinkpot...wouldn't you know it?
it sounds like you and colin's doctors continue to make ALL the right decisions for the well being of your little chunky monkey.
keep up the great work and know that a whole community of people continue to pull for all three of you....you are more inspirational than you'll EVER know!!!!
love ya,
the lupes
Colin, Wow...the Slagles go out of town for a vacation and come back to the story of your amazing adventure. Thankful your surgery is over and you are doing well. We are all so proud of you and your determined spirit. With much love and prayers, Amber, Scott and Ella
We are glad to hear the operation went well. God bless and heal quickly Colin!
Cousin Kelly & Mike Arthur
Post a Comment