Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Surgery Day

Colin will undergo his procedure today at 4:30. We've learned that it is actually under general anesthesia, performed specifically by a pediatric anesthesiologist. Please keep him in your thoughts today, and a collective prayer at 4:30 would be very welcomed!
I didn't anticipate feeling so nervous today. I woke up with butterflies in my stomach and for some odd reason, I'm fighting back getting emotional. I don't know why. Intellectually, I know we've exhausted all options for him, and I know this is what is best for my son, so I guess it's just worry, anxiety, trepidation...and maybe a little dispirited that we find ourselves here today. I can't help but go through the "why me's", or in this case, the "why us's". I don't want to make this into anything bigger than what it actually is, but as of today, Colin will have had as many surgeries in his life as I've had in mine. Something just seems inherently wrong about that.
What I find comfort in today is Colin, himself. If it's one thing my son has proven in his 8 months is that he's as tough as nails, and he'll get over this hurdle just as he has all the others that have been put in his way on the track of life. And he does so with such an amazing spirit. So looking at it in this light, the "why us's" take on an entirely new connotation: why are Ania and I so lucky to have such a wonderfully beautiful, little miracle angel? Why us?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good Luck! We love y'all bunches and are surely in our thoughts and prayers today!

Aleque, Stuart, and Logan :)

Aldona said...

Our dear friends,

Of course our prayers will not only get stronger in numbers, but louder and more pronounced today, in fact we better gracefully yell for God to take care of your beloved son as this day progresses.
We know, as it happened before, that our little warrior will get thru this again with sure victory.

DEAR GOD PLEASE, PLEASE WE SERIOUSLY NEED YOU AND YOUR ALMIGHTY STRENGTH TODAY MORE THAN EVER.
LET THIS MIRACLE CALLED COLIN BOBBY HAMP
BE CROWN ONE MORE TIME WITH A SUCCESSFUL MEDICAL PROCEDURE AS YOU LET US WITNESSED YOUR HOLY WORK MANY TIMES BEFORE.
WE'RE BEGGING YOU WITH OUR FAITHFUL BUT TREMBLING HEARTS TO ANSWER TODAY'S PRAYERS
AS CHILDREN BEGG THEIR FATHER TO PROTECT THEM FROM ANY DANGER AND HARM.

HEAVENLY FATHER, LET MIRACLES REPLACE THE PAIN AND LET PEACE REPLACE WORRY AND FEAR.

IN JESUS NAME, WE PRAY
AMEN

Aldona with family

Anonymous said...

bobby and ania,

i offered ALL of my evening prayers as well as prayers throughout this day for you and your little miracle boy. aldona's prayer is perfect...i will pray that as well.

i fully believe in the strength and fighting spirit of your little monkey. his strength and your faith will see him through this procedure...one more hurdle for all of you.

i KNOW that brighter days are ahead for you. we look forward to walking with you in those sunshiney days!!!

God bless,
the lupes

Anonymous said...

Dear Ania, Bobby and Colin,

I have read all the amazing stories about Colin's daily adventures. If this procedure is one he needs right now, then let's be optimistic about the outcome. The moment he will get more food everything will improve!!! We pray that you will remain strong a little bit longer and that Colin will benefit immensly from this new procedure. Love always,

Ula and family

Anonymous said...

Sending lots of prayers and positive thoughts!!!!!!
We love you all!
Love, Megan, Matt, and Brian

Look What I'm Holding!

Look What I'm Holding!
Daddy's wedding band no longer slides up my arm. Now I can only fit 2 fingers inside!



Colin Voting

Colin Voting

"Nadar For Change" - Vote Revealed!

"Nadar For Change" - Vote Revealed!

Waiting to Vote is Fun!

Waiting to Vote is Fun!


Hanging out with Cousin

Hanging out with Cousin

Colin and Cousin Janek with family

Colin and Cousin Janek with family

Colin testing his new stroller

Colin testing his new stroller

I'm Cool Like Mike - the "real" Uncle

I'm Cool Like Mike - the "real" Uncle






Ready For Some Football!

Ready For Some Football!

Go Panthers!!!

Go Panthers!!!

Eating His Stuffed Upper GI Toy

Eating His Stuffed Upper GI Toy
This is Some Good Esophagus!

Sweet Potatoes Rule!

Sweet Potatoes Rule!

Cousin Karolina

Cousin Karolina

Friends Kate, Alex and Marta

Friends Kate, Alex and Marta

Dr. Saunders (Colin's eye doc)

Dr. Saunders (Colin's eye doc)

Dr. Melton - Mommy/Daddy Colleague

Dr. Melton - Mommy/Daddy Colleague

Colin's Audiology Appointment

Colin's Audiology Appointment




If I Tug Really Hard...

If I Tug Really Hard...

Isabella, Colin & Royaa

Isabella, Colin & Royaa

Royaa with Mom & Dad

Royaa with Mom & Dad
It tastes better on the elbow!

Isabella and the No-Look Grab :-)

Isabella and the No-Look Grab :-)

Barium Lips - Yummy!

Barium Lips - Yummy!

Nurse Chris

Nurse Chris

Dr. Rama

Dr. Rama

Dr. Greenberg

Dr. Greenberg

Tongue Sticker-Outer

Tongue Sticker-Outer

Medical Staff at Hemby

Medical Staff at Hemby

Nurse Ania - and Mommy Ania

Nurse Ania - and Mommy Ania

Nurse Deb holds the Elvis Impersonator

Nurse Deb holds the Elvis Impersonator

Colin and his Australian Wombat

Colin and his Australian Wombat
Aunt Ania's Gift to Colin

Obi Wan Colinobi

Obi Wan Colinobi

In a Milk-Stupor

In a Milk-Stupor

What do you Think of That, Colin?

What do you Think of That, Colin?

Thumbs Up, Colin?

Thumbs Up, Colin?




Heisman Trophy Pose?

Heisman Trophy Pose?

Bathtime is my Favorite!

Bathtime is my Favorite!