Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Jump For Joy! We've Got a 5 Pound Boy!

We were told that babies who undergo hernia surgery, or any surgery for that matter, will lose weight afterward. Not our Chunky Monkey! He's 5 pounds now! What a big boy! He's even starting to outgrow his preemie outfits!
Colin is now off Tylenol for pain since he's feeling much better now. In place of it, he finds comfort with his paci, as he gets fussy without it. He's also awake a little more than he used to be. H's learned that if he gets fussy and cries, that he'll be picked up and loved on. Some people call this being spoiled and say we should "break him of this habit". Everyone has an opinion, and more experienced parents may know better than we do, but our "instincts" as parents tell us to oblige Colin and soothe him. If the worst thing we do as parents is "spoil" Colin by giving him loves and cuddles, then so be it. Besides, after nearly 3 years of trying for this little man, he stands no chance when it comes to being spoiled with love.
Colin has his head IV out too. That thing made me nervous. I know it's no different than finding any other vein, but it still made me nervous. I'm glad it's out, and so is Colin :-)
And now for the biggest news: One of the neonatologists told us to bank on this Saturday for taking Colin home!!! That'll be a special day for us. Our lives have already changed, and they'll change even more now, but now we can enjoy our son fully and watch him grow and develop. If Saturday is the day, that would mean Colin spent 113 days in the hospital. 113 days! It's time to come home, son. :-)

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hallelujah!! We will count the days until Saturday with you! With much love and prayers, Amber, Scott and Ella

Anonymous said...

That's so awesome! I'm so glad to see tales such as these have a happy ending. You guys are so lucky that things turned out so well for Colin. My son was born at term and still had some major problems. I hope things turn out well for you guys and I am sure they will :)

Nikola said...

Oh my goodness Saturday. That is unbelievable. We are thrilled. Thank goodness that he bounced back from the surgery so quickly and well.

Way to go Colin. We'll see you soon.

Love,

Aunt Nikola

Anonymous said...

We are definitely jumping for joy here in Cary for many reasons: Colin's surgery was successful and is over with, Colin is up to FIVE POUNDS and outgrowing some clothes, and, MOST OF ALL, he is due to GO HOME ON SATURDAY!!!!! =) =) =) =) =) =) =) =)

What fantastic news!!!! We couldn't be happier and more excited for Colin, Mommy, and Daddy!!!!!!!! What a Blessing and a day that you have all been long awaiting for!!

Hip Hip Hooray!!!

Love,
M&M&B

Anonymous said...

HOME SWEET HOME...HERE COMES COLIN!!!

I was lucky enough to talk to Bobby today and got the news right from Dad himself. I was on my way to lunch and walking down the street noticing that it was an amazingly beautiful day, especially after the very strong storms, wind, and rains we had last night. Then Bobby called me back (very quickly after leaving him a message I might add!!!)and all I could think is this amazing day just got a major upgrade!!! I was beaming and felt like telling every soul I passed on the street that Colin is headin' home!

I am still giddy/excited about it so I can only imagine the anticipation that you guys must be feeling. Give that monkey a hug from us and let him know we are sooooooo proud of him and can't wait to play with him at his house!!!

Love,

Uncle Franky

Anonymous said...

Here's to coming HOME!!!! Break open the sparking grape juice! You are a firecracker,small and powerful!

Anonymous said...

Yippee! That is so great - maybe he thought he catch some of the March Madness if he plumped up and got a little bigger. Spoil him all you want - at least for now - and then the rest of us will take over and keep spoiling him for you.

Julie

Aldona said...

There is no such thing of giving your child too much attention or loving your son the way you do, which translates into giving him what he needs, wants or
what is simply required. There is no such thing (at this stage of the game) as meeting his needs or wants too often or attending him too much. So, If you ask me, I would say with confidence that your fatherly ‘instinct,’ Bobby, is absolutely correct. He is too precious of a gift to calculate how much love you are supposed to extend to him or how much parental attention is appropriate.

You are experts on the parenting of your son and don’t ever doubt it. You are experienced enough as parents, in fact you have much more experience than parents on average because you have held your one pound baby in your arms and you knew what to do because your love for him was always BIG, and because God has chosen YOU, and nobody else, to be his life givers, life sustainers, love and care providers.

You know and you will always know what is best for your child and don’t ever believe that more ‘seasoned’ parents have more to say about your son’s life, the very life that you nurtured with such compassion that you became simply irreplaceable and only perfect match for him.

We all grow with him and our love has grown as well, but we only ‘resonate’ the love that you share for your child. Colin has become a very beautiful object of our feelings and affections, but your love for him was very much a VERB from the day one. Can anything ever compete with it? No..never.

God be with you my friends as you enter a new chapter of your family life with Colin Robert Hamp as its centerpiece.

Aldona

Katie LG said...

Wahoo! We couldn't be happier for you. We can't wait to welcome Colin to the neighborhood! Don't worry, there is no way you can possibly spoil him now. His world (and yours) is about to change. You guys are great parents. I know you will both be right there for him whenever he needs you, just like you have been all along. How wonderful. Congratulations!

Look What I'm Holding!

Look What I'm Holding!
Daddy's wedding band no longer slides up my arm. Now I can only fit 2 fingers inside!



Colin Voting

Colin Voting

"Nadar For Change" - Vote Revealed!

"Nadar For Change" - Vote Revealed!

Waiting to Vote is Fun!

Waiting to Vote is Fun!


Hanging out with Cousin

Hanging out with Cousin

Colin and Cousin Janek with family

Colin and Cousin Janek with family

Colin testing his new stroller

Colin testing his new stroller

I'm Cool Like Mike - the "real" Uncle

I'm Cool Like Mike - the "real" Uncle






Ready For Some Football!

Ready For Some Football!

Go Panthers!!!

Go Panthers!!!

Eating His Stuffed Upper GI Toy

Eating His Stuffed Upper GI Toy
This is Some Good Esophagus!

Sweet Potatoes Rule!

Sweet Potatoes Rule!

Cousin Karolina

Cousin Karolina

Friends Kate, Alex and Marta

Friends Kate, Alex and Marta

Dr. Saunders (Colin's eye doc)

Dr. Saunders (Colin's eye doc)

Dr. Melton - Mommy/Daddy Colleague

Dr. Melton - Mommy/Daddy Colleague

Colin's Audiology Appointment

Colin's Audiology Appointment




If I Tug Really Hard...

If I Tug Really Hard...

Isabella, Colin & Royaa

Isabella, Colin & Royaa

Royaa with Mom & Dad

Royaa with Mom & Dad
It tastes better on the elbow!

Isabella and the No-Look Grab :-)

Isabella and the No-Look Grab :-)

Barium Lips - Yummy!

Barium Lips - Yummy!

Nurse Chris

Nurse Chris

Dr. Rama

Dr. Rama

Dr. Greenberg

Dr. Greenberg

Tongue Sticker-Outer

Tongue Sticker-Outer

Medical Staff at Hemby

Medical Staff at Hemby

Nurse Ania - and Mommy Ania

Nurse Ania - and Mommy Ania

Nurse Deb holds the Elvis Impersonator

Nurse Deb holds the Elvis Impersonator

Colin and his Australian Wombat

Colin and his Australian Wombat
Aunt Ania's Gift to Colin

Obi Wan Colinobi

Obi Wan Colinobi

In a Milk-Stupor

In a Milk-Stupor

What do you Think of That, Colin?

What do you Think of That, Colin?

Thumbs Up, Colin?

Thumbs Up, Colin?




Heisman Trophy Pose?

Heisman Trophy Pose?

Bathtime is my Favorite!

Bathtime is my Favorite!