Thursday, March 13, 2008

Winning Formula?

Short entry today...
He's back to being our sweet baby - for now ;-) Yesterday, Colin's pediatrician recommended increasing his dose of prevacid along with smaller, more frequent feedings and keeping him more upright for longer periods of time to help his reflux. So we did all that, and Master Colin has been doing much better! No more fussies and discomfort in between feedings. I hope it's this quick and easy for him. Of course, feeding him every 2 hours is not ideal for his parents, but you do what you've got to do. He now rests well in between, which means we rest well (at least better) in between :-) Over time, if this settles his reflux, we'll be able to slowly reduce the frequency and increase the volume of his feedings. Wish us luck! ;-)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Colin, So, so relieved to hear you found a winning combination in the battle against reflux yesterday!!! Here's to your happy tummy! With much love and prayers, Amber, Scott and Ella

Anonymous said...

Good new Colin!! Glad that you're these new changes are helping you!! Have a happy day! Love, M&M&B

Anonymous said...

OK, this is freaky...I have been checking the blog almost every day since March 6, and it has been stuck on March 6 until today! I didn't check it Tuesday or Wednesday, because I had given up hope. I don't even know why I checked it today, other than I thought "well, maybe i'll get lucky". (each day, all that kept coming up was March 6, with the comments on the same page, and all the previous entries were gone too...at first I thought it was a new format. But when it didn't change, I thought that was the end of the blog as we know it!) (Did anyone else have that problem, or was it just a kink in the line between NC and MI?)
I just figured that, understandably, you guys were too busy with Little Fuzzy to be entering blogs. I was really missing my daily dose of Colin! I was having withdrawal...seriously! I even mentioned it to a patient one day at work, how I was accustomed to hearing about him every day, and how I missed it now! Well, anyway, I'm so glad to hear about him again! And so, I just need your solemn promise that you will continue this blog every day until Colin is 21...After all, you have us addicted now. It wouldn't be right to take away our fix! :)
Much love, and prayers always, Celeste

Anonymous said...

Just read all the blogs I missed. They were so touching and sweet. You guys truly deserve every single blessing that has come your way. Your enormous strength of character has really been apparent throughout this entire journey. What a blessing for Colin to have parents like you two. I know he will KNOW it, but I just hope he remembers it even when he is a teenager and you won't let him have the car keys! He will know that your decisions for him are based completely out of your enormous love for him, and truly what is in HIS best interest over your own. I can just feel your love for him in your writing. And what a blessing that he will someday be able to be reminded of it, as he reads through the blog. I can't even adequately express my happiness for you all.
Love always,
Celeste
ps...I appreciate the "warning" in your March 8 entry. Now I know I'll have to wean myself to weekly doses of Colin News, but I'll be ok...I'm strong...don't worry about me...no, really, I'll make it...sniff sniff :_(

Anonymous said...

Just thought of something cute:
"I love my CNN":
Colin News Nightly
or
Colin News Network
:)Celeste

Katie LG said...

Good luck! This all sounds like normal newborn stuff to me. :) My kiddo ate every 30 - 90 minutes the first 8 months. Whew. Reading your blog brings back memories! You guys are doing and awesome job. It will all be worth it. Believe it or not, part of you will long for the nights you spend up all night with Colin one day. (But mostly, you'll be thrilled when he is sleeping throught the night! Haha) Let me know how that feels, because we are not there yet. :) I hope you enjoyed the beautiful sunshine outside today. It's great anti-jaundice weather. :) I was inside working in the NICU today. I thought of you guys. Take care and talk to you soon.

Anonymous said...

hooray!

i'm so glad to hear that big man C is feeling better. hang in there mom and dad - you all are an amazing team....how lucky colin is to have you. two hour feedings, i'm sure, is tiring!!! hopefully that will do the trick and soon enough he'll be feeling much much better.

sleepless nights are tough...just think of what "herbpa" (herb smith) told me: "the cry of a baby is the music of life." i try desperately, as i'm still getting up with our little ones, to remind myself of that.

hang in there and keep up the GREAT work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

we love you, the lupes

Look What I'm Holding!

Look What I'm Holding!
Daddy's wedding band no longer slides up my arm. Now I can only fit 2 fingers inside!



Colin Voting

Colin Voting

"Nadar For Change" - Vote Revealed!

"Nadar For Change" - Vote Revealed!

Waiting to Vote is Fun!

Waiting to Vote is Fun!


Hanging out with Cousin

Hanging out with Cousin

Colin and Cousin Janek with family

Colin and Cousin Janek with family

Colin testing his new stroller

Colin testing his new stroller

I'm Cool Like Mike - the "real" Uncle

I'm Cool Like Mike - the "real" Uncle






Ready For Some Football!

Ready For Some Football!

Go Panthers!!!

Go Panthers!!!

Eating His Stuffed Upper GI Toy

Eating His Stuffed Upper GI Toy
This is Some Good Esophagus!

Sweet Potatoes Rule!

Sweet Potatoes Rule!

Cousin Karolina

Cousin Karolina

Friends Kate, Alex and Marta

Friends Kate, Alex and Marta

Dr. Saunders (Colin's eye doc)

Dr. Saunders (Colin's eye doc)

Dr. Melton - Mommy/Daddy Colleague

Dr. Melton - Mommy/Daddy Colleague

Colin's Audiology Appointment

Colin's Audiology Appointment




If I Tug Really Hard...

If I Tug Really Hard...

Isabella, Colin & Royaa

Isabella, Colin & Royaa

Royaa with Mom & Dad

Royaa with Mom & Dad
It tastes better on the elbow!

Isabella and the No-Look Grab :-)

Isabella and the No-Look Grab :-)

Barium Lips - Yummy!

Barium Lips - Yummy!

Nurse Chris

Nurse Chris

Dr. Rama

Dr. Rama

Dr. Greenberg

Dr. Greenberg

Tongue Sticker-Outer

Tongue Sticker-Outer

Medical Staff at Hemby

Medical Staff at Hemby

Nurse Ania - and Mommy Ania

Nurse Ania - and Mommy Ania

Nurse Deb holds the Elvis Impersonator

Nurse Deb holds the Elvis Impersonator

Colin and his Australian Wombat

Colin and his Australian Wombat
Aunt Ania's Gift to Colin

Obi Wan Colinobi

Obi Wan Colinobi

In a Milk-Stupor

In a Milk-Stupor

What do you Think of That, Colin?

What do you Think of That, Colin?

Thumbs Up, Colin?

Thumbs Up, Colin?




Heisman Trophy Pose?

Heisman Trophy Pose?

Bathtime is my Favorite!

Bathtime is my Favorite!