Sleep? Who needs sleep? We're sort of used to it anyway from the time Colin was born. But sleep was definitely at a premium last night while rooming in with Colin. Colin was sweet, but the poor bugger started back up with his acid reflux. He'd make it through the bottles, but it wasn't without a lot of effort. Then afterward, it would take time for him to settle down because he was so uncomfortable. One trick I used on him which seemed to work well was to feed him on his side, called "side-line". Gravity causes the milk to go down the side of the esophagus instead of the back, and it gave him some relief as he was able to eat in a more regular manner. It's sad though, watching him deal with that, because you can clearly tell he's hungry, and yet he's conflicted because it hurts him. You can just see the dilemma on his face. I don't know what they'll do about it this time? Maybe add a second dose or a different med? Something has got to be done, that's for sure. Not fun man!
All-in-all, we had a great time though! We cuddled and snuggled. Colin and I got in a heated match of ping-pong. I won. Reach advantage. We played some Monopoly too. Colin had an interesting strategy of being a "slum lord", gathering up Baltic Avenue and others. Darned if the strategy didn't pay off! He took both of us down ;-) But mostly it was just looking at our precious boy and being thankful that we are blessed with such a wonderful, amazing gift. We'll gladly pay the price of too little sleep. He's worth it :-)
Sunday, March 2, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Look What I'm Holding!
Daddy's wedding band no longer slides up my arm. Now I can only fit 2 fingers inside!
Colin Voting
"Nadar For Change" - Vote Revealed!
Waiting to Vote is Fun!
Hanging out with Cousin
Colin and Cousin Janek with family
Colin testing his new stroller
I'm Cool Like Mike - the "real" Uncle
Ready For Some Football!
Go Panthers!!!
Eating His Stuffed Upper GI Toy
This is Some Good Esophagus!
Sweet Potatoes Rule!
Cousin Karolina
Friends Kate, Alex and Marta
Dr. Saunders (Colin's eye doc)
Dr. Melton - Mommy/Daddy Colleague
Colin's Audiology Appointment
If I Tug Really Hard...
Isabella, Colin & Royaa
Royaa with Mom & Dad
It tastes better on the elbow!
Isabella and the No-Look Grab :-)
Barium Lips - Yummy!
Nurse Chris
Dr. Rama
Dr. Greenberg
Tongue Sticker-Outer
Medical Staff at Hemby
Nurse Ania - and Mommy Ania
Nurse Deb holds the Elvis Impersonator
Colin and his Australian Wombat
Aunt Ania's Gift to Colin

3 comments:
Glad to hear you finally got to spend the night with the little chunkster! That is a night you'll always remember, I'm sure! :)
God bless,
Celeste
Hey! I'm glad you got to room in. I will be thinking about all of you tomorrow. There is no such thing as "minor surgery" on your child. I am sure that everything will be fine. Colin is clearly a tough little cookie!
Can I imagine that it’s already March, time for some little people to be discharged from the hospital and safely ‘returning’ home?
Using Senator Obama’s slogan I would say, “Yes, I can” implying that the seemingly impossible was and is possible even though it did sometimes and does go against rational thinking or simply logic.
Yes, I CAN see your son being stronger than any of us; he has been a true fighter and big on hope from day one of his life. Can I see him going through this last confrontation with the hernia? Yes, I can.
Colin’s been through much more challenging situations and he came out of them as a hero, not merely a warrior or a survivor. He did it with integrity, if you will, and with the Mr. Hamp style.
Yes, I can believe that Colin’s guardian angel is spreading his protective wings over him as of today leaving him with a whisper, “yes you can my boy”.
God bless you my friends, as blessings are what you are to us!
Love,
Aldona and family
Post a Comment