What a weekend (though not necessarily in a good way)! This reflux thing is going to be the end of us. Okay, so it's not that bad, but it is to the point now where Colin essentially requires 24-hour care - meaning someone be up with him 24 hours. His sleep is certainly more deprived than ours at this point since he is unable to rest any longer than 1, maybe 1.5 hour stretches. At least Mom and I can rotate shifts and get some sleep. Thank goodness Colin has a visit with a pediatric gastroenterologist tomorrow. We have GOT to get this boy - and us - some relief.
True to my "plan", it is now more evident than ever that there is simply no way I can keep up with Colin's blog on a daily basis. I will log entries when I can, but that may mean just once weekly. I also will add some pics this week, so look out for those! :-)
Thank you, again, to all the Colin "blog-heads". You guys have been great - very supportive and encouraging. Until next time...
Monday, March 17, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Look What I'm Holding!
Daddy's wedding band no longer slides up my arm. Now I can only fit 2 fingers inside!
Colin Voting
"Nadar For Change" - Vote Revealed!
Waiting to Vote is Fun!
Hanging out with Cousin
Colin and Cousin Janek with family
Colin testing his new stroller
I'm Cool Like Mike - the "real" Uncle
Ready For Some Football!
Go Panthers!!!
Eating His Stuffed Upper GI Toy
This is Some Good Esophagus!
Sweet Potatoes Rule!
Cousin Karolina
Friends Kate, Alex and Marta
Dr. Saunders (Colin's eye doc)
Dr. Melton - Mommy/Daddy Colleague
Colin's Audiology Appointment
If I Tug Really Hard...
Isabella, Colin & Royaa
Royaa with Mom & Dad
It tastes better on the elbow!
Isabella and the No-Look Grab :-)
Barium Lips - Yummy!
Nurse Chris
Dr. Rama
Dr. Greenberg
Tongue Sticker-Outer
Medical Staff at Hemby
Nurse Ania - and Mommy Ania
Nurse Deb holds the Elvis Impersonator
Colin and his Australian Wombat
Aunt Ania's Gift to Colin

5 comments:
Oh boy...we certainly hope that the doctor's visit tomorrow is a good one, and they have some helpful changes for Colin.
We love reading Colin's blog, but can only imagine that each moment you have as "free", you probably want to be catching some ZZZZ's!! Look forward to seeing the pictures and hearing about Colin whenever you add the entries.
Know that we're thinking of you all!
Love,
M&M&B
Oh guys, we so remember those reflux days and nights and days and nights and....just keep focusing on the extra snuggle time you are getting with Colin when you are struggling to stay awake and not drop the poor kiddo. Thankfully, like many other things he will not remember his painful belly! Hope your pediatric gastro appt is a huge success. With much love and prayers, Amber, Scott and Ella
I will be praying for you tomorrow Colin!
love, Aunt Celeste
My friends, I feel your frustration and helplessness struggling with the reflux issue with your son. It does not take a big imagination to acknowledge how tired and sleep deprived you must be. It was not long ago (3 years ago) when I felt the similar frustration and helplessness even though it did not relate to the reflux matter, ‘just’ the infancy of my son and other events in my life combined. I deeply sympathize with you, I share your parental concerns and yearning for hope for things to get easier.
A few years ago I discovered one more time how hard parenting feels like. It’s the most important and challenging job in the world; it’s the hardest, toughest and incredibly exhausting at times labor of love ever ‘invented.’
My friends, I know I am risking the ‘Give me a break, woman’ kind of response when I say that things do get easier, which seems like an inconcivable concept particularly now when minutes become hours and hours become days and days become months ...but ‘easier’ will be once again in your vocabulary. In the meanwhile we will all pray that this hurdle, which the ‘reflux’ presents will be resolved soon enough, so you will regain some portion of enjoying the care of your son, which disappears in times of extreme burn out.
Our dear Beloved, we are down on our knees asking you to show us a way to face the present challenges with confidence, patience and
unshakable hope for the positive changes coming our way. Dear God, your miracle child Colin and his parents need ‘a break’ and it’s totally up to You how it’s done, but please, please, make it happen. In this day, we pray and pray again for the Hamp family lighter days.
With love and shared concerns,
Aldona with family
Post a Comment