Today marks the 100th day of Colin's existance. 100 days of life in the ICN. 100 days of an incredible journey. 100 days spent with the coolest little dude around, our little man Mr. C.
Colin got to celebrate his "Centennial" birthday (ha ha) by getting a visit from a dear friend from our days back at Wichita State University. Julie and her husband, Jason, made the trip all the way from Topeka, Ks. to visit our little man! It was great seeing them as it had been at least 8 years since we last saw Julie, and we finally got to meet Jason. Special people indeed who have a special little one of their own, Rachel, who stayed with the grandparents back in Kansas while mom and dad made a quick trip to Charlotte.
Mr. C had his eyes examined friday, and still no ROP! His retinas are almost fully vascularized, meaning his risk of developing the eye disease is extremely small. It's looking like we dodged that one. ROP is not our friend.
And Chunkies is gaining wee bits still, now 4 pounds, 10 ounces. They decreased his caloric intake from 27 to 24 since he apparently can't go home on that high of a calorie count and thus they need to adjust him back to a more "standard" level, if you will. I guess even almost 5 pounders need a little Slim Fast plan too ;-) I thought his waistline was getting a little big. When the belly starts hanging over the belt, it's time to take action Mr. C. Being a couch potato will do that to a person. Colin doesn't exercise at all. Just sleeps and eats. What should he expect? Gheez, starting bad habits at such a young age! As soon as I get him home, it's Tae Bo and Richard Simmons Jazzercize every day for our porker - daddy's 2 favorites! You'll be slim and trim in no time buddy ;-)
Sunday, February 24, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Look What I'm Holding!
Daddy's wedding band no longer slides up my arm. Now I can only fit 2 fingers inside!
Colin Voting
"Nadar For Change" - Vote Revealed!
Waiting to Vote is Fun!
Hanging out with Cousin
Colin and Cousin Janek with family
Colin testing his new stroller
I'm Cool Like Mike - the "real" Uncle
Ready For Some Football!
Go Panthers!!!
Eating His Stuffed Upper GI Toy
This is Some Good Esophagus!
Sweet Potatoes Rule!
Cousin Karolina
Friends Kate, Alex and Marta
Dr. Saunders (Colin's eye doc)
Dr. Melton - Mommy/Daddy Colleague
Colin's Audiology Appointment
If I Tug Really Hard...
Isabella, Colin & Royaa
Royaa with Mom & Dad
It tastes better on the elbow!
Isabella and the No-Look Grab :-)
Barium Lips - Yummy!
Nurse Chris
Dr. Rama
Dr. Greenberg
Tongue Sticker-Outer
Medical Staff at Hemby
Nurse Ania - and Mommy Ania
Nurse Deb holds the Elvis Impersonator
Colin and his Australian Wombat
Aunt Ania's Gift to Colin

5 comments:
Hey Colin!
My dad has just started getting into Jack LaLane...I'm sure he'd be more than happy to let you borrow his tapes!
:) Aunt Celeste
Hey Colin!
Happy 100 days!!! It sounds like things are going great!! And we loved seeing all of your new pictures!!
Love you,
M&M&B
Hey guy's I love the pics, sorry Ania for missing work but I did not want you to get the flu. It is not very fun. Just wanted you to know that there is an article about Jen on Charlotte.com. I love you all, Amanda C.
,The visit of your dear friends from Kansas and my recent stay in the same state brought a few memories back, memories from that place on the planet (Wichita) where our lives somehow joined and forever unified.
This 100-day journey you are talking about since your son was born probably felt like 100-day journey around the world.
What I remember that relates to you, my friends, is the first 100 days journey of you being together as a couple. Sometimes it feels like it was just yesterday, other times it seems like ages ago. So many things happened since those first 100 days, so many 100 day journeys took place since you were 15-16 years old. Is it that last 100-day journey with Colinek your last journey of that magnitude and of that intensity?
I hope it is for a while; you need some calming time, time free of urgency and unpredictability. You, my friends survived those crucial 100 days of your son’s life, so I know that the next 100 days will feel less intense and of decreased anxiety.
The latest photos are so endearing, especially that one when Bobby is rubbing his handsome but adult nose against his son’s little nosek (Polish name for a cute little nose). Colinek’s solo pictures are so incredibly warm, cuddly and sweet that I’m lacking the right words to accurately describe them.
To see all the family members in the presence of Mr. Miracle is so moving . It is the happiest day of those 100 days of Colin’s life that I have a privilege to witness and I have Our God to thank for it.
Thank you my friends for making me a part of your incredible journey with Mr. Robert junior. May God look upon you with love and care and may your love for your son multiply and carry you on through the next 100 days of your life journey with him.
Love,
Aldona
Post a Comment