Saturday, January 12, 2008

2 Months, 2.5 Pounds

Colin was 2 months old as of yesterday, and for the first time, he finally reached the 2.5 pound mark! I talked to him last night and we made a deal: he can move along at his snail's pace until he reaches 3 pounds, then he's got to start growing faster like the nurses and doctors keep telling us he will. He agreed and we shook on it. He has a firm shake, that little one :-)
It's nice for a change to not have too much more to write about. Not that I don't enjoy the writing, but for the fact that Colin doesn't have much else going on. His brain ultrasound is scheduled in 2 days, but Ania and I are feeling a bit more optimistic about what that will reveal. It really will be a huge relief to get it behind us. The "threat" of leucomalacia has been there from the very beginning, when the doctors would warn us that Colin had an increased risk of having it. Despite the fact that he's doing so well, it's hard to turn off the recent past events and focus on the now. Had we not been told that, we'd have much less anxiety regarding Monday's test. But one thing Colin has taught us already: don't count against him because he's determined to prove everyone wrong. I believe he will - my Miracle Son.

1 comment:

Aldona said...

Yes, Colin is your Miracle Son and our Miracle Child.
He does not have to prove us wrong, as no doctor
has given a definite diagnosis of anything yet. The risk of having certain conditions due to Colin's age was always there, but I have to emphasize only 'the risk', nothing else.
Stay strong my friends and don't ever doubt
God's plan to give your son a gift of HEALTHY LIVING.
We love you and you stay very close in our thoughts
and prayers.

Look What I'm Holding!

Look What I'm Holding!
Daddy's wedding band no longer slides up my arm. Now I can only fit 2 fingers inside!



Colin Voting

Colin Voting

"Nadar For Change" - Vote Revealed!

"Nadar For Change" - Vote Revealed!

Waiting to Vote is Fun!

Waiting to Vote is Fun!


Hanging out with Cousin

Hanging out with Cousin

Colin and Cousin Janek with family

Colin and Cousin Janek with family

Colin testing his new stroller

Colin testing his new stroller

I'm Cool Like Mike - the "real" Uncle

I'm Cool Like Mike - the "real" Uncle






Ready For Some Football!

Ready For Some Football!

Go Panthers!!!

Go Panthers!!!

Eating His Stuffed Upper GI Toy

Eating His Stuffed Upper GI Toy
This is Some Good Esophagus!

Sweet Potatoes Rule!

Sweet Potatoes Rule!

Cousin Karolina

Cousin Karolina

Friends Kate, Alex and Marta

Friends Kate, Alex and Marta

Dr. Saunders (Colin's eye doc)

Dr. Saunders (Colin's eye doc)

Dr. Melton - Mommy/Daddy Colleague

Dr. Melton - Mommy/Daddy Colleague

Colin's Audiology Appointment

Colin's Audiology Appointment




If I Tug Really Hard...

If I Tug Really Hard...

Isabella, Colin & Royaa

Isabella, Colin & Royaa

Royaa with Mom & Dad

Royaa with Mom & Dad
It tastes better on the elbow!

Isabella and the No-Look Grab :-)

Isabella and the No-Look Grab :-)

Barium Lips - Yummy!

Barium Lips - Yummy!

Nurse Chris

Nurse Chris

Dr. Rama

Dr. Rama

Dr. Greenberg

Dr. Greenberg

Tongue Sticker-Outer

Tongue Sticker-Outer

Medical Staff at Hemby

Medical Staff at Hemby

Nurse Ania - and Mommy Ania

Nurse Ania - and Mommy Ania

Nurse Deb holds the Elvis Impersonator

Nurse Deb holds the Elvis Impersonator

Colin and his Australian Wombat

Colin and his Australian Wombat
Aunt Ania's Gift to Colin

Obi Wan Colinobi

Obi Wan Colinobi

In a Milk-Stupor

In a Milk-Stupor

What do you Think of That, Colin?

What do you Think of That, Colin?

Thumbs Up, Colin?

Thumbs Up, Colin?




Heisman Trophy Pose?

Heisman Trophy Pose?

Bathtime is my Favorite!

Bathtime is my Favorite!