Tuesday, January 15, 2008

No Leucomalacia!!!

Of all days to have the internet go down, it would be this one. Sorry to keep you all in suspense! We got the best news possible yesterday afternoon that Colin's noggin is perfect! No leucomalacia! It is such a relief that we've got another major hurdle behind us. Does this mean Colin will have an uneventful run from here on out? No. However, it was one of the biggest milestones to date. The absence of leucomalacia does not mean he won't develop cerebral palsy, though it does minimize the risk. He still is at higher risk for developmental delays and learning disabilities (and CP). But, you know what? This Dad is done worrying about all the negative possibilities. Instead, I choose to focus on all the wonderful things that Colin has accomplished and cherish the joys of his good health to date.
I've had my share of ups and downs in life, but the two things God has blessed me with - and the two most important - is an amazing spouse and an amazing child. I always say to Ania that I won life's lottery regarding our marriage. Well, Colin makes it the Mega-Jackpot! When I'm down, I need to look no farther than those 2 people in my life, and I've got it made - I really do.
Okay, enough of the sappy stuff :-) My little man also, just maybe, has finally figured out this weight thing too! Just yesterday alone, Colin gained over 1 full ounce - his biggest gain to date! So he's a hefty 2 pounds, 9.4 ounces! And maybe just a little longer too, at about 14.5 inches. No longer my foot-long hot dog! :-)
Thank you from the depths of my heart for all the loving support and prayer you've shown us from the very beginning of this adventure, but especially recently. What a wonderful network of family and friends we have - you all are truly amazing! Colin sends many loves to all of you!

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

I AM SO HAPPY for you all,it makes me cry to have such good news. All of our prayers are working so lets all keep the faith!!

Dr. Jackson said...

What an amazing day for the 3 of you. We have been praying every day and will continue to do so. Colin, you are truly a miracle and we can't wait to see the wonderful things life has to offer you.

Anonymous said...

Holy Moly... I have been on pins and needles for 24 hours for this great news. I will admit I got really worried when I did not see a new entry this morning, since you are so good about posting every day. This is the best news I have heard and I am just so happy and relieved for you. You are right that Colin keeps showing everyone who is boss. You GO COLIN!! Wahooo!!!!
--Jen Bunich

Anonymous said...

I've been checking the site hourly and we were hoping for news last night...but glad it's the news we were all praying for! Give each other hugs from all of us -
Love,
Julie, Jason and Rachel

Anonymous said...

This is the most awesome news -- and I was so happy to see it this morning. Many prayers will continue for Colin -- what an amazing little guy he is. Can't wait to meet him one day soon.

Love to all,

Pamela Brady

Anonymous said...

Dear Colin, You will find that in life certain moments will stand out above the rest...moments of true peace and joy. Seeing the words "No Leucomalacia!!!" will forever be one of those moments for me. Thank you for providing us all with another reason to celebrate life! With much love to you and yours and with many prayers, Amber, Scott and Ella

Anonymous said...

Praise the Lord!! I am so happy for you all of you. I will continue to pray, Thanks for keeping us informed.

Melanie

Nikola said...

Colin, you won't realize all of this for a long time to come, but yesterday you passed one of the biggest hurdles yet. We are so relieved and excited that you are on the path to joining us soon. The cousins and Benson and I send you all our good vibes and lots of love and kisses.

Aunt Nikola

Aldona said...

GOD is GOOD my friends,
GOD is WHO we need every moment of our lives, good or bad,
GOD is WHO Colin befriended when he was still in mommy's womb or even before,
GOD is WHO we have to be thankful to and thankful for as we keep our life journey going.
NEVER let HIM our of your side,
AMEN

Anonymous said...

We are so happy for you all and your positive attitude will certainly help Colin grown big and strong. Your post made me cry tears of joy. My internet was down for a few days too and it was nice to not be in suspense like everyone else, and getting to read the news all at once! Love,
Janeen :)

Anonymous said...

So happy for the three of you! You are indeed blessed.
Love,Mom/Grandma Pat

Anonymous said...

This is the most wonderful news we got today.I was worried when I didn't find any information this morning,now I feel very relieved and happy for you.We will continue our prayers.


Monika and Hubert

Anonymous said...

Just got home tonight from being out of town for a few days and the first thing I did was check this blog to hear this amazing news. God is good. Bless you.
Cousin Linda

Look What I'm Holding!

Look What I'm Holding!
Daddy's wedding band no longer slides up my arm. Now I can only fit 2 fingers inside!



Colin Voting

Colin Voting

"Nadar For Change" - Vote Revealed!

"Nadar For Change" - Vote Revealed!

Waiting to Vote is Fun!

Waiting to Vote is Fun!


Hanging out with Cousin

Hanging out with Cousin

Colin and Cousin Janek with family

Colin and Cousin Janek with family

Colin testing his new stroller

Colin testing his new stroller

I'm Cool Like Mike - the "real" Uncle

I'm Cool Like Mike - the "real" Uncle






Ready For Some Football!

Ready For Some Football!

Go Panthers!!!

Go Panthers!!!

Eating His Stuffed Upper GI Toy

Eating His Stuffed Upper GI Toy
This is Some Good Esophagus!

Sweet Potatoes Rule!

Sweet Potatoes Rule!

Cousin Karolina

Cousin Karolina

Friends Kate, Alex and Marta

Friends Kate, Alex and Marta

Dr. Saunders (Colin's eye doc)

Dr. Saunders (Colin's eye doc)

Dr. Melton - Mommy/Daddy Colleague

Dr. Melton - Mommy/Daddy Colleague

Colin's Audiology Appointment

Colin's Audiology Appointment




If I Tug Really Hard...

If I Tug Really Hard...

Isabella, Colin & Royaa

Isabella, Colin & Royaa

Royaa with Mom & Dad

Royaa with Mom & Dad
It tastes better on the elbow!

Isabella and the No-Look Grab :-)

Isabella and the No-Look Grab :-)

Barium Lips - Yummy!

Barium Lips - Yummy!

Nurse Chris

Nurse Chris

Dr. Rama

Dr. Rama

Dr. Greenberg

Dr. Greenberg

Tongue Sticker-Outer

Tongue Sticker-Outer

Medical Staff at Hemby

Medical Staff at Hemby

Nurse Ania - and Mommy Ania

Nurse Ania - and Mommy Ania

Nurse Deb holds the Elvis Impersonator

Nurse Deb holds the Elvis Impersonator

Colin and his Australian Wombat

Colin and his Australian Wombat
Aunt Ania's Gift to Colin

Obi Wan Colinobi

Obi Wan Colinobi

In a Milk-Stupor

In a Milk-Stupor

What do you Think of That, Colin?

What do you Think of That, Colin?

Thumbs Up, Colin?

Thumbs Up, Colin?




Heisman Trophy Pose?

Heisman Trophy Pose?

Bathtime is my Favorite!

Bathtime is my Favorite!