Sunday, January 6, 2008
A Major Milestone Obtained?
One of Colin's neonatologists yesterday morning decided to put our little man to the test: take Colin off the high flow nasal canula. Period. Not a room-air trial. His thinking: Colin, even on nasal canula, has occasional bradycardic episodes but rarely has any more oxygen desaturations (indicating that he really is working hard to breathe). If it's a brady alone that is self-recovered (without having to go in and stimulate Colin to breathe, ie, shake him) then it is more a sign of immaturity still than a breathing difficulty. So, as of 11:00 am yesterday, Colin has no more prongs up his nose. At 7:30 this morning, as I write, he STILL has no more prongs up his nose! He's gone almost a full day on his own! Could he finally be done with any breathing assistance? Hard to believe since he is still so tiny, but he is 35 weeks gestation in 2 more days, so he's acting age-appropriate, and maybe even a bit better! Go, Colin, go! Mommy and daddy are so proud of you, beautiful boy :-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Look What I'm Holding!
Daddy's wedding band no longer slides up my arm. Now I can only fit 2 fingers inside!
Colin Voting
"Nadar For Change" - Vote Revealed!
Waiting to Vote is Fun!
Hanging out with Cousin
Colin and Cousin Janek with family
Colin testing his new stroller
I'm Cool Like Mike - the "real" Uncle
Ready For Some Football!
Go Panthers!!!
Eating His Stuffed Upper GI Toy
This is Some Good Esophagus!
Sweet Potatoes Rule!
Cousin Karolina
Friends Kate, Alex and Marta
Dr. Saunders (Colin's eye doc)
Dr. Melton - Mommy/Daddy Colleague
Colin's Audiology Appointment
If I Tug Really Hard...
Isabella, Colin & Royaa
Royaa with Mom & Dad
It tastes better on the elbow!
Isabella and the No-Look Grab :-)
Barium Lips - Yummy!
Nurse Chris
Dr. Rama
Dr. Greenberg
Tongue Sticker-Outer
Medical Staff at Hemby
Nurse Ania - and Mommy Ania
Nurse Deb holds the Elvis Impersonator
Colin and his Australian Wombat
Aunt Ania's Gift to Colin

4 comments:
It was SO good to see you guys yesterday!! I am super excited that Colin is breathing on his own...he rocks! Can't wait to be seeing more of you again!
Wonderful news guys. That's probably so much more comfortable for him too. It's great.
Love,
Aunt Nikola
The newest photos of Colin are so adorable. Although I do not write that often, the 3 of you are always in my prayers. He is doing so great. Love, Cousin Linda
I share your joy in seeing the beauty and peacefulness when your son breathing on his own.
That is a major milestone reached by our little hero and I thank God for it.
Sleep well my little angel,
Aldona
Post a Comment