Another good day for our little man! Colin is doing really well. He's starting to establish a routine, part of which includes showing mom and dad that he can poop and eat at the same time! Lovely. We'll be there holding him with his bottle, cooing over our little guy as he sucks on his bottle, then the sounds and stench hit the air! Watch out! Normal baby stuff, of course, but still! Thanks a lot, Colin ;-) Somehow holding our little Smellies after that lovely gesture is no less wonderful. The fact that we've got a smelly boy to take care of is incredible. He's our Smellies :-)
He did seem to tire a bit while I fed him his bottle last night, but he pulled through and finished it all off. The same thing occurred with his next feeding, so the nurse told us she thought she might need to insert his feeding tube again so as to not tire him out. Colin must have overheard. When the time arrived for that next feeding, our little man was wild and willy, ready for his bottle. I personally think he was just having fun with his nurse ;-) Regardless, Mom and Dad sure get a kick out of it!
Thursday, January 31, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Look What I'm Holding!
Daddy's wedding band no longer slides up my arm. Now I can only fit 2 fingers inside!
Colin Voting
"Nadar For Change" - Vote Revealed!
Waiting to Vote is Fun!
Hanging out with Cousin
Colin and Cousin Janek with family
Colin testing his new stroller
I'm Cool Like Mike - the "real" Uncle
Ready For Some Football!
Go Panthers!!!
Eating His Stuffed Upper GI Toy
This is Some Good Esophagus!
Sweet Potatoes Rule!
Cousin Karolina
Friends Kate, Alex and Marta
Dr. Saunders (Colin's eye doc)
Dr. Melton - Mommy/Daddy Colleague
Colin's Audiology Appointment
If I Tug Really Hard...
Isabella, Colin & Royaa
Royaa with Mom & Dad
It tastes better on the elbow!
Isabella and the No-Look Grab :-)
Barium Lips - Yummy!
Nurse Chris
Dr. Rama
Dr. Greenberg
Tongue Sticker-Outer
Medical Staff at Hemby
Nurse Ania - and Mommy Ania
Nurse Deb holds the Elvis Impersonator
Colin and his Australian Wombat
Aunt Ania's Gift to Colin

3 comments:
Good job little Smellies -- keep up the poopies -- your mom and dad need a steady influx of that sweet stinky to prepare them for what's to come. Welcome the blowout diaper. I just changed two of them yesterday, and let me tell you -- brace yourself.
love,
Aunt Nikola
Dear Hamp family,
I have been following Colin's progress since your post on charlottesmartypants. My husband and I went through a similar situation that you are facing with Colin about 10 months ago. We were with our little girl, Emma, at CMC for about 3 months. She was also an IUGR baby! I just wanted you to know that I have been praying for Colin and his development. During our experience, we ran into so many people that we had never met that were praying for Emma and it was so encouraging! Please know that there is light at the end of the tunnel. Colin seems to be trucking right along and it sounds like he will be out of his isolette soon!! That is such a good sign! I would be happy to pass along a website that we created for Emma...just email me at mollyhefner7@gmail.com. Emma was born weighing 1 pound 12 ounces and now she is over 16 pounds and doing really well! I'll keep praying for your little guy. Please email me with any questions that you might have...it is always nice to be able to talk to someone who has been through a similar situation. Keep your head up...it sounds like Colin is such a strong little guy.
Much Love,
Molly Hefner
It is one encouraging story we read today posted by Molly. God Bless her and her little girl Emma.
Now, going back to our hero of the day, Colinek.
I have to confess, I could almost smell the content of his diaper and share the fun after his daddy's description of 'the poop business' today.
Back in Kansas Ania once said (she was not older that 12) that changing diapers is going to be somebody else's job, not hers, once she has kids of her own.
It was rather cute, the clear acknowledgment, for us all, that 'the dirty job' is nobody's favorite job and never becomes one...unless...it's looked upon as a true sign of a baby's health, then it becomes largely anticipated, rejoiced and welcomed any time, any place.
I love your son, your true pride and joy.
I love you for being so real, so open and honest,
so beautifully human.
God will be with you, my friends.
Post a Comment