Friday, January 25, 2008

Doogie Howser, MD Who?

Remember that late-80's TV show, Doogie Howser, MD? I can't recall if it was based on truth or fiction, but it was a story of an ultra-bright 16 year old who was accepted and attended medical school - or maybe was a doctor by 16? The details for me are a bit sketchy, but the point is Doogie has nothing on our Colin! I'm contacting Guinness today since Colin may very well be the youngest person ever to be accepted into a professional school! ;-)
Ania and I received a letter yesterday from one of the true greats in optometry and in life: Dr. George Foster. Cousin George, as he is known to his friends and colleagues, is the Dean at Northeastern State University College of Optometry where Ania and I attended. He did one of the sweetest things I think I've ever seen - and no, George, we won't hold you to that letter ;-) On January 8, 2008, Colin Robert Hamp was accepted into the entering class of 2029 at NSU College of Optometry at a mere 7 1/2 weeks of age! Doogie didn't do that! The letter is posted at the bottom of the blog: just scroll down on this page to the very bottom where you can read this letter that has his parents beeming. So official, so sweet :-) Thank you, Dr. Foster.
Like Doogie, will Colin's story be truth or fiction? The details at this point are a bit sketchy, but if Colin wants to follow in mom and dad's footsteps, you better believe a copy of that letter will accompany Colin when he shows up at the doorstep of NSU College of Optometry in 2029! We wouldn't have him go anywhere else. To our extended family there in Oklahoma, we miss you all very much and thank you dearly for your wonderful support from 1,000 miles away. Love from your Cousins,
Bobby, Ania and Colin Hamp.

3 comments:

Kecia said...

Bobby, I wanted to let you know that you and your family are in prayers. Ironically my oldest son's name is Collin Robert. I will pray that your Colin has the same strength that mine has, but it sounds like he already does. You guys stay strong!! Sincerely, Kecia Two Hatchett

Anonymous said...

That's too cute - of course he'll go on to do great things!

Aldona said...

I remember "Doogie Howser" very well, and I like
the characterer played by Neil Patrick Harris very much. However, it looks like Colin is to 'play' Doogie's role in real life, so my son Filip is only left with one choice - to play Doogie's best friend, Vinnie Delpino.

God bless you all,

Aldona

Look What I'm Holding!

Look What I'm Holding!
Daddy's wedding band no longer slides up my arm. Now I can only fit 2 fingers inside!



Colin Voting

Colin Voting

"Nadar For Change" - Vote Revealed!

"Nadar For Change" - Vote Revealed!

Waiting to Vote is Fun!

Waiting to Vote is Fun!


Hanging out with Cousin

Hanging out with Cousin

Colin and Cousin Janek with family

Colin and Cousin Janek with family

Colin testing his new stroller

Colin testing his new stroller

I'm Cool Like Mike - the "real" Uncle

I'm Cool Like Mike - the "real" Uncle






Ready For Some Football!

Ready For Some Football!

Go Panthers!!!

Go Panthers!!!

Eating His Stuffed Upper GI Toy

Eating His Stuffed Upper GI Toy
This is Some Good Esophagus!

Sweet Potatoes Rule!

Sweet Potatoes Rule!

Cousin Karolina

Cousin Karolina

Friends Kate, Alex and Marta

Friends Kate, Alex and Marta

Dr. Saunders (Colin's eye doc)

Dr. Saunders (Colin's eye doc)

Dr. Melton - Mommy/Daddy Colleague

Dr. Melton - Mommy/Daddy Colleague

Colin's Audiology Appointment

Colin's Audiology Appointment




If I Tug Really Hard...

If I Tug Really Hard...

Isabella, Colin & Royaa

Isabella, Colin & Royaa

Royaa with Mom & Dad

Royaa with Mom & Dad
It tastes better on the elbow!

Isabella and the No-Look Grab :-)

Isabella and the No-Look Grab :-)

Barium Lips - Yummy!

Barium Lips - Yummy!

Nurse Chris

Nurse Chris

Dr. Rama

Dr. Rama

Dr. Greenberg

Dr. Greenberg

Tongue Sticker-Outer

Tongue Sticker-Outer

Medical Staff at Hemby

Medical Staff at Hemby

Nurse Ania - and Mommy Ania

Nurse Ania - and Mommy Ania

Nurse Deb holds the Elvis Impersonator

Nurse Deb holds the Elvis Impersonator

Colin and his Australian Wombat

Colin and his Australian Wombat
Aunt Ania's Gift to Colin

Obi Wan Colinobi

Obi Wan Colinobi

In a Milk-Stupor

In a Milk-Stupor

What do you Think of That, Colin?

What do you Think of That, Colin?

Thumbs Up, Colin?

Thumbs Up, Colin?




Heisman Trophy Pose?

Heisman Trophy Pose?

Bathtime is my Favorite!

Bathtime is my Favorite!