Thursday, January 17, 2008

Colin Gaineth....Then Loseth Away

So much for gaining an ounce a day. I knew that was a daunting task, but to lose an ounce in one day? What's that all about? My guess is there's some inherent variability in the scales that the nurses use to weigh him? Maybe the calibration is a bit off? Whatever the case may be, Colin seems to be teasing us with his weight gain - yet again. It'll come eventually, I know. Patience, I tell myself. Patience.
As daddy is starting to feel better, mommy is still struggling with her chest cold. She's on some antibiotics and an inhaler to suppress her cough (yes, both are safe with nursing). As a result of her sickness, she's been instructed to toss all the milk she pumps while being sick. A tough thing to do, but a necessary one we're being told. Because she can't keep her milk supply current, we won't be able to give Colin any hind milk for additional calories. Instead, and just for a short time, he'll be back on full milk which has fewer calories (but will help boost his immune system)!
Colin took 2 full bottles yesterday, but otherwise he was mostly fed via the NG tube. He's been resting quite nicely of late, which is good since he burns fewer calories this way. The bradycardic episodes are still there, but are becoming less frequent - a sign that he's starting to mature. It's still hard to imagine that he won't have any - eventually - since we're so used to that being an everday thing, but that day will come. All in due time, right?

1 comment:

Nikola said...

Keep at it little Colinek - one step at a time. But i just know you'll get there. We love you.

Aunt Nikola

Look What I'm Holding!

Look What I'm Holding!
Daddy's wedding band no longer slides up my arm. Now I can only fit 2 fingers inside!



Colin Voting

Colin Voting

"Nadar For Change" - Vote Revealed!

"Nadar For Change" - Vote Revealed!

Waiting to Vote is Fun!

Waiting to Vote is Fun!


Hanging out with Cousin

Hanging out with Cousin

Colin and Cousin Janek with family

Colin and Cousin Janek with family

Colin testing his new stroller

Colin testing his new stroller

I'm Cool Like Mike - the "real" Uncle

I'm Cool Like Mike - the "real" Uncle






Ready For Some Football!

Ready For Some Football!

Go Panthers!!!

Go Panthers!!!

Eating His Stuffed Upper GI Toy

Eating His Stuffed Upper GI Toy
This is Some Good Esophagus!

Sweet Potatoes Rule!

Sweet Potatoes Rule!

Cousin Karolina

Cousin Karolina

Friends Kate, Alex and Marta

Friends Kate, Alex and Marta

Dr. Saunders (Colin's eye doc)

Dr. Saunders (Colin's eye doc)

Dr. Melton - Mommy/Daddy Colleague

Dr. Melton - Mommy/Daddy Colleague

Colin's Audiology Appointment

Colin's Audiology Appointment




If I Tug Really Hard...

If I Tug Really Hard...

Isabella, Colin & Royaa

Isabella, Colin & Royaa

Royaa with Mom & Dad

Royaa with Mom & Dad
It tastes better on the elbow!

Isabella and the No-Look Grab :-)

Isabella and the No-Look Grab :-)

Barium Lips - Yummy!

Barium Lips - Yummy!

Nurse Chris

Nurse Chris

Dr. Rama

Dr. Rama

Dr. Greenberg

Dr. Greenberg

Tongue Sticker-Outer

Tongue Sticker-Outer

Medical Staff at Hemby

Medical Staff at Hemby

Nurse Ania - and Mommy Ania

Nurse Ania - and Mommy Ania

Nurse Deb holds the Elvis Impersonator

Nurse Deb holds the Elvis Impersonator

Colin and his Australian Wombat

Colin and his Australian Wombat
Aunt Ania's Gift to Colin

Obi Wan Colinobi

Obi Wan Colinobi

In a Milk-Stupor

In a Milk-Stupor

What do you Think of That, Colin?

What do you Think of That, Colin?

Thumbs Up, Colin?

Thumbs Up, Colin?




Heisman Trophy Pose?

Heisman Trophy Pose?

Bathtime is my Favorite!

Bathtime is my Favorite!