Monday, January 21, 2008

No More Joe

What a great weekend! Colin is doing so well right now. I keep bringing up the feeding tolerance issue, but it is so important. He hasn't had any setbacks since starting on the additional calories. We're hoping that finally his little digestive system has matured enough to figure it all out. As a result, he's continues to inch up in his weight: 2 pounds, 10.5 ounces.
Early this morning (2 am), they drew some blood labs. This is now a weekly event for him. Part of what they are examining are his bilirubin levels relating to jaundice. Once the results are back later this morning, we'll find out if the doctors want to start him on medication or if they still want to give Colin some time to work it out on his own. If the bili levels are lower than last week, they'll continue to monitor. If they are the same, or elevated, they'll begin a medication called actigall, which he'll likely be on for a few months.
The doctors did discontinue his caffeine yesterday! Remember that? I haven't brought it up for a while since there were no changes in the administration levels of it. They finally feel he's regulated his heart and respiratory rate enough that he no longer needs that shot of Joe everyday. I was getting worried there for a while too: will Colin be asking for coffee in his sippie cup instead of juice or milk? We'd be in trouble if that were the case. ;-)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

He is TOO cute!

Anonymous said...

He is SO beautiful! Even tiny, you can tell he's going to be so hansome! :)

Love, Aleque and Logan

Nikola said...

Great to hear that your weight is steadily increasing. That is such good news.

love you Colin,

Aunt Nikola

Aldona said...

Thanks God for our determined little guy, who's getting bigger and stronger every day in the nice systematic way ( referring to the past few days).
I'm asking God to keep you warm in His loving
arms.
Aldona

Anonymous said...

great photo - I really am starting to see that he looks like you guys!!!
--Jen Bunich

Anonymous said...

keep up the good work Colin! we love the "i didn't do it" picture.

Look What I'm Holding!

Look What I'm Holding!
Daddy's wedding band no longer slides up my arm. Now I can only fit 2 fingers inside!



Colin Voting

Colin Voting

"Nadar For Change" - Vote Revealed!

"Nadar For Change" - Vote Revealed!

Waiting to Vote is Fun!

Waiting to Vote is Fun!


Hanging out with Cousin

Hanging out with Cousin

Colin and Cousin Janek with family

Colin and Cousin Janek with family

Colin testing his new stroller

Colin testing his new stroller

I'm Cool Like Mike - the "real" Uncle

I'm Cool Like Mike - the "real" Uncle






Ready For Some Football!

Ready For Some Football!

Go Panthers!!!

Go Panthers!!!

Eating His Stuffed Upper GI Toy

Eating His Stuffed Upper GI Toy
This is Some Good Esophagus!

Sweet Potatoes Rule!

Sweet Potatoes Rule!

Cousin Karolina

Cousin Karolina

Friends Kate, Alex and Marta

Friends Kate, Alex and Marta

Dr. Saunders (Colin's eye doc)

Dr. Saunders (Colin's eye doc)

Dr. Melton - Mommy/Daddy Colleague

Dr. Melton - Mommy/Daddy Colleague

Colin's Audiology Appointment

Colin's Audiology Appointment




If I Tug Really Hard...

If I Tug Really Hard...

Isabella, Colin & Royaa

Isabella, Colin & Royaa

Royaa with Mom & Dad

Royaa with Mom & Dad
It tastes better on the elbow!

Isabella and the No-Look Grab :-)

Isabella and the No-Look Grab :-)

Barium Lips - Yummy!

Barium Lips - Yummy!

Nurse Chris

Nurse Chris

Dr. Rama

Dr. Rama

Dr. Greenberg

Dr. Greenberg

Tongue Sticker-Outer

Tongue Sticker-Outer

Medical Staff at Hemby

Medical Staff at Hemby

Nurse Ania - and Mommy Ania

Nurse Ania - and Mommy Ania

Nurse Deb holds the Elvis Impersonator

Nurse Deb holds the Elvis Impersonator

Colin and his Australian Wombat

Colin and his Australian Wombat
Aunt Ania's Gift to Colin

Obi Wan Colinobi

Obi Wan Colinobi

In a Milk-Stupor

In a Milk-Stupor

What do you Think of That, Colin?

What do you Think of That, Colin?

Thumbs Up, Colin?

Thumbs Up, Colin?




Heisman Trophy Pose?

Heisman Trophy Pose?

Bathtime is my Favorite!

Bathtime is my Favorite!