Such a good little boy :-) Mom and Dad are feeling so, so much better about Colin's development. It's been a slow process, seeing how we started in such a deep, dark place regarding the information we were given prior to his birth. But to see him now, we're finally to the point where we can truly enjoy him. Sure, we know there are still milestones ahead. Every child has those. But Colin is making it. The prospect of our little guy finally coming home is so wonderful.
Regarding his progress, Colin continues to jam on his bottle feedings. The doctors have increased his overall caloric intake, as well as the amount of breast milk he gets per feeding (he essentially gets 1 ounce per feeding now). He continues to tolerate all his vitamins, electrolytes and fortifiers.
The next big step looming on the horizon for Colin is graduating from his isolette into an open-air crib. Babies need enough brown fat to be able to maintain their own body temperature. That usually happens around 3.5 pounds or so. Colin is close. The nurses continue to bump down the temperature in his isolette, inching closer to room air temp. Every 12 hours, as long as Colin is adapting well, they reduce the temp on his bed by 0.2 degrees. He's at 31 degrees Celsius now, and it's usually around 29 degrees that they go to a crib. Simple math says that we're just less than 1 week away!
So we're getting close! Colin is ready too. 76 days in the hospital to this point will do that to you. Besides, he told us last night he can't wait to come home and eventually meet all the wonderful people out there that care so much about him :-)
Wednesday, January 30, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Look What I'm Holding!
Daddy's wedding band no longer slides up my arm. Now I can only fit 2 fingers inside!
Colin Voting
"Nadar For Change" - Vote Revealed!
Waiting to Vote is Fun!
Hanging out with Cousin
Colin and Cousin Janek with family
Colin testing his new stroller
I'm Cool Like Mike - the "real" Uncle
Ready For Some Football!
Go Panthers!!!
Eating His Stuffed Upper GI Toy
This is Some Good Esophagus!
Sweet Potatoes Rule!
Cousin Karolina
Friends Kate, Alex and Marta
Dr. Saunders (Colin's eye doc)
Dr. Melton - Mommy/Daddy Colleague
Colin's Audiology Appointment
If I Tug Really Hard...
Isabella, Colin & Royaa
Royaa with Mom & Dad
It tastes better on the elbow!
Isabella and the No-Look Grab :-)
Barium Lips - Yummy!
Nurse Chris
Dr. Rama
Dr. Greenberg
Tongue Sticker-Outer
Medical Staff at Hemby
Nurse Ania - and Mommy Ania
Nurse Deb holds the Elvis Impersonator
Colin and his Australian Wombat
Aunt Ania's Gift to Colin

7 comments:
He must be the cutest thing I have ever seen!!!! I love the yawn just could eat him up. So thrilling to hear so much positive energy coming from your entry Bobby. He is truly a miracle!
Maggie
You're right Colin does look a lot bigger. I love the yawn picture -- the hat, the blanket, what a snuggly little thing. i can't wait to hold him.
love you Colinek,
Aunt Nikola
He looks so much bigger!I can't believe it.I love his blue hat.He looks so relaxed yawning.Sweet,adorable little boy.
Monika
Thanks so much for the great update and the wonderful photos! I can't wait to see him in person.
Yeah, Colin! Keep up the good work. We are all waiting to see you at home. I am so happy for all of you and smile everytime I read about another new day and new challenge that Colin has overcome. See you soon...Colin!
Markitta
Look at those chunky cheeks...just ripe for the pinching! Thanks so much for the new pics!
Praying Always, Celeste
Forgive me my friends but saying 'cute', 'adorable', 'sweet' qualifies for a gross understatement.
We are talking 'charming' here, we're talking 'knock-out', we are talking about a guy with balls, a warrior... somewhat 'disarmed' by yawning, which by the way does it to any MAN.
Colin, my boy, you are a very manly looking man and you are the youngest manly looking man that has this 'disarming' affect on me.
Sorry, I could not contain myself any longer, I just had to say it.
God bless you, my friends.
God bless this little son of yours,
who with the slight yellow tint to his complexion looks more 'mature' and yes, he is the PERFECT blend of you both.
Post a Comment